GCNYC will be providing regular COVID-19 updates via email. Please check your account daily as this is the College’s official form of communication.
Dear GCNYC Students, Faculty & Staff:
Our staff continues to carefully monitor developments related to COVID-19. As you are aware, in-person instruction has been suspended through the remainder of Trimester B (March 27). At the end of Trimester B, we will reassess the situation and keep you updated on plans for Trimester C, which begins on April 6th. While we have had no reports of COVID-19 on campus, out of an abundance of caution, all GCNYC staff will be working remotely during this time.
· During this period, all classes will be held via Zoom. Students should create a free account at www.zoom.us. Please test your account before your first class, if it has not already occurred. Instructors will send out links to the class meetings prior to class time.
· If you have any difficulty gaining internet or computer access from home. Please contact your instructor directly to discuss alternate options.
· Class registration for Trimester C has been extended through March 20th, this Friday. Please reach out to your Academic Advisors for any guidance.
Trimester C Induction:
· All returning students should be prepared to attend Induction on April 2nd via Zoom. Further details and instructions to be announced.
The following events have been postponed:
· March Mixer, Friday, March 20th
· Dissertation Town Hall, Friday, March 27th
· Further details are forthcoming.
We recognize that there will be challenges during this transition and appreciate your patience and understanding. If questions arise about your course, please email your instructor. Questions regarding induction and registration should be directed to Kerri Quinn (Kerri.email@example.com).
Please stay safe during this time and use the links below to monitor for city and statewide updates.
During this worrying time, it is important to remember that at GCNYC we all have a right to be treated with dignity and respect and be able to work and study in an environment free from discrimination, bullying and harassment. We all have a role to play in ensuring that we have a safe, inclusive and welcoming campus for every member of our GCNYC community in line with our values and Common Good mission. Anyone who has concerns regarding diversity and inclusion should contact Jessica Chang-Russell, Director of Operations and Title IX Coordinator: Jessica.ChangRussell@gcu.ac.uk
SUPPORT & INQUIRIES:
For more information, support or enquiries, or to raise any questions related to the Coronavirus or Travel, please can contact our Health and Safety Adviser Colette Hamilton: Colette.firstname.lastname@example.org.