Welcome to the GCNYC Student Governance Association (SGA)!
Contact Us: email@example.com
Click here to join the LinkedIn for GCNYC Students & Alumni.
Student Governance Association (SGA) represents and advances the interests of the GCNYC student body. The mission of the SGA is to empower and unify the GCNYC student body. The mission will be met through student advocacy and organized interrelations between students, administration, and faculty.
The SGA, on behalf of the student body, will be responsible for:
- Identifying student concerns and needs, and working with faculty and administration to communicate and fulfill all expressed needs and concerns.
- Maintaining interrelations between faculty, administration, and students.
- Holding regular meetings, including recording and posting meeting minutes.
- Nominating, electing, and/or appointing members to internal positions.
- Approving student clubs, organizations, publications, and budgets, if applicable.
- Other duties identified and defined by the Student Association.
SGA was created to represent, empower, and unify the student body across all cohorts, facilitating cross-functional dialogue between students, faculty, and administration. Joining the SGA is a great way to meet and network with students, as well as established industry professionals who are faculty and friends of the school.
SGA is open to every student at GCNYC. Approximately two students per cohort serve on the SA board for at least two full trimesters. Positions include Academic Board
Representative, Accreditation Board Representative, Secretary, Student Representative, Alumni Representative(s), General Members, and others as needed.Meetings are held at least three times per trimester, either in-person or virtually. All SGA minutes can be found under “Announcements and News” on the GCNYC Commons/GCNYC Student Home page.
- Accreditation Committee Student Representative – Nancy Rhodes
- Events Manager – Heber Sanchez
- Student Body Representative – Maggie Ha
- Volunteer Manager – Tara Patterson
- Student/Administration Representative – OPEN
- Academic Board Representative – OPEN
- Alumni Representative(s) – Liz Pulos and Elana Roeder
If you’d like to affect change, network, and improve GCNYC as we continue to grow and develop, we would love to have you on board! We’ve each made the choice to come to GCNYC for different reasons, whether to make an impact on a global level or just figure out what our next career steps are. This is a great opportunity to meet your fellow cohorts and build a strong network of students striving for these lofty goals!